We are pleased to introduce the newly revamped Independent. Your patience while we worked to improve the content and format of the e-newsletter is greatly appreciated.
The Independent will be published monthly on the last Thursday of each month. We’ve retained a number of popular features—“A Buffalo Grazing” and “Songs from the Stacks,” to name two—and added some new ones.
In this issue:
- Newsfeed News and updates from around campus
- Event calendar Includes major College and alumni events
- Focus Q&A profiles of alumni, volunteers and friends
- Notes from the Classroom List of topics currently being taught in Antioch College classrooms
- Our Wins Celebration of recent accomplishments by Antiochians, faculty, staff and students
- Down on the Farm Monthly farm update from Antioch College Farmer Kat Christen
- From Birch Kitchen Farm-fresh recipes from Chef Isaac DeLamantre
Features in the works for upcoming issues:
- Roosevelt's Reads Books recently read or recommended by President Mark Roosevelt
- Well Said Quotes and stories about Antioch College
- Boardworthy A summary of recent Board of Trustees discussions
- Creative Share Original works by Antiochians
We improved the e-mail template (which you will experience fully in the next issue), and we have launched a Web site for The Independent. Here, you will be able to view archived issues, print individual articles and, in the future, access dynamic content such as photo galleries and videos.
We invite your participation. This is your newsletter, and there are regular opportunities for your contributions:
- Submit original creative works (photos, drawings, short poems, etc.)
- Suggest fellow alumni to be profiled—or volunteer yourself!
- Submit your latest awards and accomplishments for the Our Wins column.
- Share your thoughts about Antioch College for the Well Said column.
- Suggest new or additional questions for the Focus profiles.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the Communications office about this newsletter.
Send items for consideration to Jennifer Jolls, email@example.com, at least two weeks in advance of the issue you'd like to see the information presented. Depending on the level of response, we may not be able to feature all submissions in the desired issue. However, we will do our best to accommodate all requests.
In closing, on behalf of the faculty and staff of Antioch College, we wish you success, happiness and victories for humanity in the year ahead.
Best,Gariot P. Louima and Jennifer JollsCommunications Office