- 1 15 oz. can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed,
or 2 cups cooked black beans (if you cook them yourself)
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup melted butter, plus a little more to coat the baking dish
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (or use half cocoa, half carob powder)
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp. cane sugar (I use ¼ c.)
- ½ cup gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Butter an 8-inch baking pan.
- Place the black beans, eggs, melted butter, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove the blade and gently stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies for 30 to 35 minutes, or until just set in the center.
- Cool before cutting into squares.